Powered by Blogger.
The Sassy Missus Reviews. Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Royal Parents


This morning a link crossed my facebook home page, the caption read 
"Will Kate Middleton breastfeed the Royal Baby" with this link




Now, I'm all for breastfeeding. I breastfed all four of my kids. I am an advocate for breastfeeding and of nursing in public, but I think this is really ridiculous. Here's this new mother who has already had the world watching her every move during pregnancy,trying to do whatever is best for her and her family. New mothers have enough pressure, including the Duchess, why add to that pressure by making her feel she 'has' to breastfeed, and a certain way because people look up to her.
I don't know where people get off thinking that they can decide what the Duchess should or shouldn't do, how she will or won't raise this child, and her actions will affect other new mothers.


Whether the Duchess, the princess before her or the Queen  choose to breastfeed or not (or publicly or not) didn't influence my choice at all. In fact I don't think most new mothers are going to think "gee, the Duchess of Cambridge breastfed, I better get on that" If a new mother wants to breastfeed, she's going to, if she doesn't want to, she's not going to. Leave this new mother alone and let her make the choices that are right for her & her family, like every other new mother.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment