Powered by Blogger.
The Sassy Missus Reviews. Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Book Review: A Game Of Thrones



A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
My rating:

I did the biggest "No No" in the bookworm world, I started watching the series on TV before reading the book. I fell in love with it & then discovered it was a whole book series, and went and picked up the book series (that was out at that point, to date, which was the first four)
and I have to say, not only am I impressed with the book, but for once I am actually pretty impressed with a tv series made from a book.

The book itself was slow to start, like most are, but soon enough was hard to put down. I found myself falling in love with characters, and crying over them. They had a very human quality to them, something that many books often lack.
The story line is full of twists that you don't expect,and kept me on my toes, even though I knew from the tv series the general idea of what was coming next.

This book seems huge, but once you dive in it doesn't seem so endless, so don't let that be the reason you don't pick it up.
If you like the fantasy genre, you should definitely check out this book.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment