Powered by Blogger.
The Sassy Missus Reviews. Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Book Review: Walking Disaster- Jamie McGuire

This review contains SPOILERS.




Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2)Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved Beautiful Disaster, for much of the story I spent the time disliking Travis' behaviour, but in the end I fell in love with his character. When I saw that there was a story from Travis' point of view, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! As soon as I could, I dove into it. I was hungry for Travis' side of things.

The prologue?



66 % of the way in, and if I didn't love Travis before, which I did - despite his crazy tantrums and behaviour- understanding it from his side has made me love (and cry for) him even more.When he wakes up the morning after to find Abby gone? In the first book I thought he was an ass for his behaviour, but from this side finding out how much it hurt him. How when she was saying goodbye he was thinking it was a new start and then she just left.. just like his mom? I felt so heartbroken for him.

I loved the contrast between the two stories. I really liked all the extra behind the scenes stuff we didn't see in the first book that went on between Shep, Mare & Travis. It really added to the storyline, and gave us a great glimpse into what drove Travis' to behave the way he did. I also really enjoyed the ending. Where Beautiful Disaster left us wondering what happened after their wedding, Walking Disaster filled it in, and I loved it. It gave us the closure that Beautiful Disaster didn't.

Overall this book was amazing.If you're just starting this book, be prepared, you will not put it down.

This book isn't two stories in a series, they are two halves of one story, a story that is beautiful, tragic and amazing.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment